Maple Hill Cemetery Rules
The following rules and regulations have been established by the Cemetery Board in order to maintain the beauty of Maple Hill Cemetery for generations to come:
- All memorials, monuments, and grave markers must be cut from quarried granite, marble, or cast from genuine bronze
- No artificial stone, native boulders, or fieldstone
- Permission must be obtained from the Superintendent (or his designate) to plant trees, shrubbery, set markers, etc.
- No artificial flowers or rose bushes
- Establishment of sod on lots is to be done by Cemetery employees
- Graves will be limited to five to each quarter lot, unless specific approval is received from the Cemetery Board
- At least eight regular working hours notice must be given whenever an interment is to be made. Internments will be subject to severe weather conditions
- No person other than Cemetery personnel will be permitted to dig a grave or open any grave already there
- No vehicle shall exceed a speed of five m.p.h.
- All persons are prohibited from picking flowers or injuring any tree, plant, or shrub on Cemetery grounds
- All urns, plant material, etc., will be in line with the headstone
- Funeral directors, upon arrival at the Cemetery, must present the necessary burial permit from the local health office
- The Cemetery Superintendent, or his designate, shall reserve the right to remove funeral designs, floral pieces, plant material, shrubs, and urns as soon as they become unsightly
- No pets allowed in the Cemetery
- Winter rates will be effective from November 1 - April 15
- Winter graveside services or winter burials will be permitted at the discretion of the Cemetery Superintendent (weather permitting)
- Foundations for benches, monuments, or markers may be installed by approved contractors who have current liability insurance of a minimum of $500,000 and have prepaid a $50 locating and final inspection fee. Or they may be installed by cemetery personnel
- All burials must be in a vault constructed of reinforced concrete and be approved by the Cemetery Superintendent
- Flower beds shall be planted by a florist or individually
- Effective July 1, 1992, all cremains must be enclosed in a cement vault
- The City of Cadillac / Maple Hill Cemetery is not responsible for items removed from graves or vandalism
For more information, contact the City Clerk's Office at (231) 775-0181 x111 or the Cemetery Foreman at (231) 775-3563.